April All Natural Day 3

April All Natural Day 3

Share with your friends!

So I’ve decided to post each day of April All Natural the next day, if that makes any sense at all. So, day 3’s post is going up on day 4, day 4’s will go up on day 5, and so on. So I’m not considering this to be a skipped day of blogging or anything ;). Anyway, day 3 went really well, I’ve been loading up on so many fresh fruits and vegetables, so I have so much energy. It helps that the Mother Nature has finally realized it’s spring and we’ve been having such nice weather. It even got up into the 80 degree range today! In addition to having a ton of energy, my acne is starting fade away again, which is fantastic. I really couldn’t care less if there’s a big red dot on my face, I only care because those things are painful! The only thing I’ve been having trouble with is remembering to drink water throughout the day. I usually have about 2 cups of water after my run in the morning before breakfast, but then I completely forget water is even a thing until dinner time! I need to attach a water bottle to my side or something, so I always remember to take a sip throughout the day.

I realize that I haven’t really actually posted what we’ve been eating, so I’ll give you a little run down of what day 3 looked like:

For breakfast, I had oatmeal with bananas, raisins, a bunch of different spices, vanilla, and a bit of organic molasses. This is my favorite oatmeal at the moment and I’ve been having it almost everyday for breakfast. It’s really not the prettiest breakfast, but it sure is delicious!


For lunch, I had leftovers from dinner, which was a huge salad composed of lettuce, soba noodles, radishes, cucumbers, edamame, carrot ribbons, red bell pepper, green onions, and sesame seeds, all in a thai peanut dressing. This was so good, I could eat it all day everyday! I think I am going to start keeping cooked soba noodles in the fridge all the time for those days when we don’t have leftovers from dinner for lunch.


For an afternoon snack after a long walk with my little booger of a puppy down to the park, I had a peaches and cream smoothie, which I call a milkshake. I love that I have been able to sit outside in the afternoons and relax while sipping on a smoothie.


And for dinner I had another soba noodle salad, but this time without bell pepper, added tomato and cilantro, over a bed of spinach, and with a miso tahini dressing. This was equally as delicious, but I didn’t take a picture of it.

On a non-food related note, this was day 80 of my run streak, which I’m super proud of. I’ve been trying to get a little faster and get my mile times back under 10 minutes. I’ve been doing pretty well, but the mornings that I make Rory tag along don’t go quite as smoothly. He would much rather take a leisurely stroll through the neighborhood, so he can chase all the birds and butterflies (and rip my arm off in the process). But really, maybe it’s a good thing he prevents me from going too fast, so I’m not leaving my mom in the dust once she’s back up and running and her hip feels better. She’s been resting because of bursitis in her hip, which caused her to have to end her running streak after day 83. Maybe I can convince her to write about one of her days next week since this is technically her blog.

I hope you’re enjoying keeping up with our all natural adventures and maybe even playing along yourself. If you do play along, remember to tag your posts with #AprilAllNatural!